Instagram wants to create a stop motion camera for Stories
- Instagram wants to step up your GIF game. The photo-sharing platform is currently testing a new camera tool that stitches together a long series of photos to make one GIF.
- Users will not be able to edit individual photos, but will still have access to usual Stories feature like stickers.
- Hit or miss: Kudos to Instagram for finally jumping off the copy-Snapchat-boat and experimenting with new features. It’s a great way to make the app more distinct than its competition and really carve out its own photo-capturing identity.
Snapchat takes you to Joyce Byer’s house on Stranger Things
- Netflix teamed up with Snapchat to create a truly one-of-a-kind virtual experience for the social app: jumping into Hawkins, and specifically Joyce and Will Byer’s house.
- To activate the experience, scan a QR code from Co.Design or use Snapchat’s Shazam feature while the Stranger Things theme plays out.
- Hit or miss: Well done to Snapchat for helping facilitate such an awesome filter. This isn’t just any other virtual demo of some Bitmoji character jumping around, it’s a totally immersive and reactive experience.
Facebook is facing a class-action lawsuit
- Uh-oh, looks like Facebook might not have been paying overtime. “A lawsuit filed in a U.S. court in Illinois alleges Facebook routinely and knowingly misclassifed certain works as not eligible for overtime compensation,” according to Quartz.
- The court has yet to approve the lawsuit, but it is proposed as a class-action lawsuit. Facebook denies the claims.
- Hit or miss: While of course we don’t know whether or not the allegations are true, this is a miss for the normally progressive company. You can’t just appear to have a certain culture; companies need to back it all up with action. This is simply not a good look for Facebook.
Honourable Mention: Even Stranger Things
Created by Dave Arcus, this site uses AI to put your photos into a Stranger Things poster. From Stranger Dogs to Stranger Lips, this app captures it all. Try it out, if you dare.
Did we win over your minutes? Get more great posts like this in The Tite Report monthly newsletter.