GIFs on Giphy now share number of views
- Prepare to see a spike in memes. That’s because Giphy is providing users with access to see just how popular a GIF is with its new view count feature.
- The view metric can be found under the sharing buttons at the right side of the screen.
- “Giphy said a view is counted each time a user sees a GIF, regardless of how many times the GIF loops. Users can also visit an artist’s or partner’s channel to see how many GIFs they have uploaded, as well as the cumulative view count for all of their GIFS.”
- Hit or Miss: With our GIF obsessed culture, this small feature is guaranteed to make a big impact. Not only will this influence the different GIFs that people decide to share, but it also provides an important and valuable metric in our data-driven society. Goodbye static imagery and hello moving images!
Apple uses its audience to help support Harvey Storm Relief
- Looking to help and support those impacted by Hurricane Harvey? Well thanks to Apple, donating has become much easier and can be done directly via iTunes or the iOS App Store.
- Apple is collecting donations on its page-fronts ranging from $5-200 and all proceeds will go directly to the Red Cross relief efforts.
- Hit or Miss: What an effective and easy way for a brand to use their commerce platforms to help out amid Harvey crisis. This initiative not only positions the brand as one that cares but one that is willing to use their own tools and technology for the greater good.
Instagram Galleries to feature landscape and portrait creative
- The new update has begun rolling out to users as of today. This new feature will allow for any photo size to be featured in their multiple image upload (i.e. the carousel). Based on whatever image sizes are chosen, Instagram will retain that photo ratio when posted.
- Hit or Miss: Another small update that will bring about a large amount of value. Users and brands are not constricted to the previous square aspect ratio for multi-picture posts. This new flexibility will most definitely result in new possibilities for both organic and sponsored creative.
Did we win over your minutes? Get more great posts like this in The Tite Report monthly newsletter.